What To Expect
The ITW Leader Team asks you to come with an open mind and an open heart, ready to experience the weekend and all that it has to offer. Whatever the reason for your attendance, know that you are welcome among the ITW Brotherhood and that your involvement adds greatly to the overall experience. The King's Men are glad that you have decided to join us!
- Rustic cabin accommodations at various State Parks throughout the country
- 3 nights, 4 days of dynamic programming, talks, outdoor training, prayer/Sacraments, and more
- 9 professionally prepared gourmet meals, including the delicious wild-game feast!
OUTDOOR SKILLS TRAINING...
- Orienteering (compass and map) Training and Competition
- Construction of an incredible, outdoor-style church
- Wild-game preparation training
- Archery Training
- Firearms Training (*not available at all locations)
- Fishing on beautiful lakes and streams (*boats available at some locations)
FAITH IN A MASCULINE MODALITY...
- 24/7 Eucharistic Adoration Chapel-Cabin (Begins on Thursay night after Mass. *Eucharistic Adoration is approved by each local Bishop.)
- Daily Mass with outstanding homilies from ITW Chaplains
- Confession (available Friday Evening during the Holy Hour, and throughout the weekend as needed)
- Engaging Talks on Man's Role as Leader, Protector, and Provider (recordings available for purchase)
- Training Under Torchlight
- Rosary Procession
BEYOND THE WEEKEND...
- Interaction with The King's Men leader team, including personal coaching and resources on starting men's initiatives
- Brotherhood with men from all over the country. Real men focused on strength and virtue.
- A complimentary copy of The Way of The King's Men handbook.
WHAT TO PACK
- A willing spirit and a humble heart.
- Final payment balance.
- Clothes for 4 days and 3 nights (NOTE: please check the forecast, estimating weather to be colder than you may think.)
- Long pants, shorts, sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweats, jeans, extra socks and shirts, hat, rain gear, etc. Come prepared!
- Boots are a major plus. Sneakers or other suitable closed-toe shoes for wooded areas and outdoor work, including firearms training.
- Sharp pocket knife.
- Flip-flops or sandals are optional - open-toed shoes are not allowed in certain environments and activities.
- Bug spray.
- *** Important *** canteen or water bottle. Stay hydrated!
- A few empty cardboard boxes to put on your wire bed frame (don't forget this!) Bed frames do NOT have mattresses.
- Bedding: Sleeping bag, extra blankets, pillow, etc. (The nights can be cold, come prepared.)
- Personal toiletries.
- Wrist watch (this will be needed for orienteering activity.)
- Flashlights and extra batteries.
- Fishing license and plastic holder to display it (only for fishing team members.)
- Watch or cell phone with alarm.
WHAT NOT TO PACK
- Alcohol (PROHIBITED at State Park)
- Electric powered air mattress; not every park has accessible electricity for electric motor air pumps.
- Outdoor folding chair(s) - labeled with your name.
- Outdoor equipment that would come in handy while camping/spending time outdoors.
- Bed mat/air mattress (for a single bed) * Note: Larger air mattress may or may not fit in your cabin space and not every park has accessible electricity for electric motor air pumps. Various sports equipment for downtime/relaxation.
- Rosary beads - will be used daily.
- Journal for notes.
- Personal fishing gear (if on the fishing team. No fishing gear? We provide you with some for the day!)
- Mountain Bike for easier access to cabins and park.
- Musical instruments. (Please let us know if you have musical talents and want to help with various aspects of the retreat music team.)
***MEN WITH CPAP MACHINES, OR SIMILAR
We need to know if you use a CPAP machine and require electricity. We are happy to do our best to accommodate your needs.
NOTE: This list may not be all-inclusive. Think ahead, come prepared. If you need assistance in preparing for Into the Wild, please email email@example.com